Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Reading!

Eva has been learning her alphabet at preschool.  Some letters are still a little tricky for her, but she has moved on to learning words.  So I pulled out our BOB books to see if she was interested in reading them.  She is so good at sounding out the words.  While I was sick, I would sit in the red chair down by the fireplace and she pulled over her big orange bean bag next to the chair.

She reads each book over and over for a few days and then asks for the next one.  I love seeing her work out the harder words.  Just today, while we were out and about she asked "Mom, does o-n spell on?"  Wouldn't it be interesting to know what her brain was working on to need to know that?  I love seeing my kids go from not caring or struggling with the alphabet to really becoming curious about words and reading.


No comments: