Monday, February 18, 2019

Flu!!

Somehow, I caught the flu.  The actual flu, that they diagnose and give you a prescription for it and you feel like death.  The prescription was supposed to take a few days off the length of sickness.  It did not.  It was also supposed to reduce how contagious it was and it must have worked, because no one else got sick.  But I was in bed for a week and barely functioning the second week.  Now, with a few advil, a cough suppressant, and a humidifier, I feel decent.

One day while I was sick, Eva came into my bedroom and asked if she could make lunch.  I usually don't let her because she would include her three favorite foods (and only those foods); graham crackers, chocolate chips, and craisins.  But today I figured it couldn't be any worse than what I would manage to put out, so I said yes. 

After a  few minutes, she came back in and asked, "Mom, do you want regular lunch or restaurant lunch, like where you get to choose what you want."  I told her regular and she replied, "Well, if you choose restaurant, it's ready right now."  So, I chose restaurant and headed into the kitchen.  Eva had gotten out a good assortment of food, buffet style, with our plates at one end.  She was so proud of making lunch!  And I have to admit, blueberries, toast, and ice cream were a really tasty lunch!


No comments: