Tuesday, January 22, 2019

A New Year

Well, it's been two years since I have written a blog post.  The company that I used to print my blogs posts into a book stopped printing blogs.  So I started a hunt for a new one, in while I hunted I quit blogging.  And then I stopped thinking about blogging.  And now here we are, two years later.  No blog posts, no pictures printed or edited or even organized.   But it's a new year, and still in the first month of the first year.  So a fresh start is appropriate.  I will worry about catching up with those lost two years when I have time.  But now is the time to blog about now.

Yesterday, when the kids got up early (because there was no school and my children have yet to learn to love sleeping in), instead of reading Star Wars or Calvin and Hobbes or Treasure Hunters, they got out the old blog books.  They giggled as they read about the funny things they said when they were young.  So, to give Eva something to giggle about in a few years . . .

Going up the stairs, with Eva in front of me, she stopped and reached for my hand.  "Mom, will you hold my hand?  So I don't think you're a monster or ghost."

The first step is always to realize your fears.  Then find someone's hand to hold.

Museum of Natural Curiosity

No comments: