Sunday, May 11, 2014

Our Kitchen Wall



Our kitchen wall has become a collection of our life at any moment.  The magnet board is filled with Christmas cards (this picture was taken in February and still has Christmas cards on it).  Other times it has pictures of I have taken of the kids, some of the hundreds I take every month because I fancy myself an amateur photographer. The walls have paintings done by Davis.  (These are the African safari animals the boys painted.  The top far right is Noah's interpretation of an African safari animal.)  Sometimes there are papers covered by stickers one of the boys wants to display.  At this time, there were ten of Davis's sight words he was memorizing, along with the letters in each word so he could spell each word. And our family rules, which the kids are in need of constant reminders.

The kitchen is a gathering place, where the family sits for meals and where papers are collected, the calendar is filled (yes, I still use a paper calendar that I hang on my wall, the other wall, instead of a calendar app), food made and eaten (sometimes sneakily :), little minds educated simply by what they see on the walls, and self-esteem strengthen by the pride of having things up for everyone to see.  I can't think of a better use for this wall!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your kitchen wall. When I visit I see a growing, active, loving family - on your wall!

Mom