Saturday, January 18, 2014

A Little About Davis Oct 2013

One of Davis's favorite activities for General Conference is building a graph on the window.  We pick some topics that will get mentioned and each time Davis hears one of them, he gets to put a block above it, creating a tower.  He really listens well, even when doing other things, for those words so he can put another block on.  There is always one or two subjects that are mentioned far more often than the rest, and this year we had to get a ladder out to before the first session was over.


I don't remember what time of day this next picture was taken.  I think maybe around dinnertime.  I had been cooking in the kitchen and I had failed to notice that Davis was being extremely quiet.  And then he walked into the kitchen, carefully watching my face.  At first I didn't notice.  Then I did.  Then I couldn't decided how to respond.  Because the boy looked hilarious.  He had taken a pen and drawn all over his arms and belly and face and as far onto his back as he could reach.  What do you say?  Not really something I want him doing on a regular basis, but . . . he just looked hilarious.  And what made it more funny was that he was kind of slinking toward me, trying to decide whether or not he was in trouble for his efforts.

In the end, I choose to remain calm, no anger and no laughing out loud.  Because surely there was a reason for this.  And sure enough - when I asked him why he had drawn all over himself, he said it was to make himself look tougher and stronger.  I have no idea where he got the idea (a picture of someone with tattoos all over?), but after that he showed me his muscles and he really did look tougher and stronger.  Well, as tough and strong as a 5 year old with pen all over can look. :)



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This reminds me of the time you hid behind the tv and cut chunks out of your hair! Funny and not so funny at the same time!

Mom