Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Davis Makes Breakfast

About a week and a half ago, Darren volunteered to get up with the boys in the morning (which he has done several times since then, too).  What a nice husband!  (Although I have to add that Noah had been getting up before 6 am the whole week before, and the morning Darren takes a turn, Noah sleeps until 7:15 am.  So unfair!)  I had to get up about 8 am so Darren could go to work and I was laying on the bed telling Darren I was still too tired and he needed to take the day off and stay home to take care of the kids so I could sleep all day (he didn't agree to my plan), when Davis called from downstairs, "Breakfast is ready!"  I laughed and just laid there.  Then I heard footsteps coming up the stairs and Davis comes into the bedroom,  looks at me and Darren, and says with exasperation, "Breakfast is ready!"  With a laugh, I rolled out of bed and went downstairs to find the table set with bowls, spoons, and cups, and the cereal out and ready to go.  He told me he had left the milk for me to get.  What an independent boy!  I sure love him!

2 comments:

Megan Rogers said...

That is the cutest thing! Sounds like you've raised that boy right!! Oh, my favorite part of the story is you telling Darren to take the day off. Ha!!

Unknown said...

You are so lucky!

Mom