Thursday, August 30, 2012

Davis's First Day of Preschool

We have officially joined the ranks of school-going children.  Complete with backpacks, new shoes, and first-day-of-school pictures.  Speaking of that . . .

Davis started preschool on Tuesday.  And didn't he look so handsome and all grown up?  He didn't consider it his first day, though, because they went to preschool for assessments last week.  Tuesday morning when I told him he got to go to preschool that day, he started crying and saying he didn't want to go.  But when I picked him up after 2 1/2 hours, he met me with a huge grin and said, "I LOVE preschool!"

On the way to preschool, Davis said to me, "I think I'm going to surprise my teachers."
Me: "Oh yeah?  How?"
Davis:  "I'm going to sneak out the doors."
Me:  "Ummm.  No.  Your teachers should always know where you are.  No sneaking out the doors."
I tried to sound very stern, because this was, in fact, a very serious topic.  But I had to hold back my laughter because that is so Davis.  He always wants to surprise you or hide from you and then surprise you.  I didn't think the teachers would appreciate this kind of surprise on the first day, though.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Davis' world has just become so much bigger for him as he enters preschool. He is so eager to learn that his days will be full of new discoveries and new beginnings. And you are his anchor and cheerleader. What a great adventure for you too!

Mom