Monday, June 4, 2012

A Sneak Peak into Noah's Personality

Noah is one of the most beautiful babies I have ever seen.  And I  am not just saying that because I am his mom.  I have had people stop me in random places to tell me that.  He has also been such a sweet baby, so happy and so content to play.

I am pretty sure he is going to give me a run for my money soon enough.  Noah loves to walk with someone holding both his hands.  Lately we have been trying to get him to just hold one hand, so that at some point he will walk on his own.  When I wrench his cute little hand off one of my fingers, he just stands there and cries and complains.  I know he can walk holding onto just one hand.  He has done it before.  But apparently he has decided it is much easier with two and now refuses to move unless he is holding tight to two hands.  Ummmm, a little stubborn perhaps?

We have two dogs on the other side of our back fence, each in a different back yard.  Davis has always been afraid of them.  We don't play up close to the back fence and Davis runs away when they come racing to the fence, growling and barking like they wanted to bite our heads off.  Last week, we were out playing and one of the dogs came running up to the fence.  Davis ran back to the safety of the middle of the yard.  Noah, who was walking around, with the assistance of TWO hands, wanted to run right up to that fence and play with the dog.  I thought he would get scared as we got closer and the dog barked louder.  Nope.  Noah laughed and pulled us up closer.  I think this experience will epitomize one of the differences between my two boys.  Not that I am saying anything is wrong with Davis.  He is very cautious and I like it that way so I don't have to worry.  Perhaps Noah will be the one to get the two of them into all sorts of "let's scare Mom to death" situations.

We have a gate across the stairs going to the basement.  There are seven stairs.  Previously, we had a banana chair on it's side to stop Noah from falling down the stairs because he kicked the gate down and fell down anyway.  So, we put up the banana chair because, even though he is a big baby, he is no match for the banana chair.  Then it got annoying to have to move the chair every time we wanted to open the front door and after awhile Noah gained enough respect for the fact that falling down the stairs is painful (ok, for full disclosure here, he fell down a second time when we forgot to put the chair back after coming in the front door.  But it only took twice for Noah to learn his lesson.)  Now we have the gate back up, just to remind Noah that there are stairs there.  When we see him heading for the gate, we say, "No, no Noah."  Then he turns to look at us, sits on his cute little bum, and whines.  Because we said "No."  I feel like it is a little early for this reaction.  And I feel like it won't end soon.

So, even though Noah is only 13 months old, I am starting to get an idea of what he's going to be like as a little boy.  And a big boy.  Oh, boy.  I should probably prepare myself now.

No comments: