Sunday, November 20, 2011

Things Davis is thankful for . . .

Davis has a lot of quirky . . . issues.  One of them is not going to nursery by himself anymore.  Darren goes with him and stays the whole time.  Which is kind of annoying for him, I think, but great for me because he is able to tell me about all the funny things Davis says.

This week in nursery:
Question from the leaders: "Do any of you have a big brother or sister?  Does anyone have a little brother or sister?"
Davis:  "I have a baby brother and Fluffy Wuffy is his nick name."  (This is Davis's nickname for Noah.  He came up with it all by himself.  I'm hoping it dies out after awhile.)

Question from the leaders, asking each child: "What are you thankful for?"
Davis:  "I'm thankful I get ice cream when I poop in the potty."  (Yep.  That's right.  Some days I really, really want him to poop in the potty.  So we can all go for ice cream.  Just fyi - this positive consequence (aka. bribe) has not proved successful.)
They did not ask any other kids after Davis's oh-so-appropriate comment.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think Davis' answers were great! And very appropriate.They asked a question and he answered according to his world of experience. At least he was paying attention to the teachers - I'd give him lots of credit for that!

MOM