Sunday, June 13, 2010

Girls' Camp

This week I had the opportunity to go to Girls' Camp. In the "good old days" we camped in tents and cooked all our food over the fire. Everyone was dirty and smelly by the time it was over. And when it rained everything got wet.

This year, I was introduced to luxury camping. The girls were in a big cabin with bunk beds. The leaders slept in the big lodge. We cooked in a fully equipped kitchen. We took showers when we got too stinky. And when it rained we played games in the lodge. It was awesome! I think some of the "character-building" that came with camping so close to nature has been lost, but I am pretty sure my character has been built enough and as a leader, I sure was appreciative of the great amenities.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVED tending Davis while you were at girls' camp!! I hope you go again next year.

MOM