Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Project 52: Lazy puzzle night

We borrowed Tiffany's idea this week and put together a puzzle. We didn't own a puzzle, so I went looking for one and found that most puzzles were $5-$10! I didn't want to spend that much, so I headed to the trusty dollar store and sure enough, a plethera of puzzles awaited me. But I soon learned that you can't be that picky when choosing a puzzle at the dollar store. There were plenty of cute ones with 25 pieces for little kids, but I thought my husband and I should be able to handle something with a few more pieces. There were several scenic puzzles with 504 (what a weird number) of pieces, but Tiffany had mentioned that it took them 3 hours to put together a 500 piece puzzle and I wasn't sure if we would be up to such a commitment. The other puzzles offered choices including High School Musical, Hannah Montana, and Disney characters. I wasn't sure what Darren would be willing to stare at for long enough to put it together, so I bought a scenic one, a High School Musical one, and one with Disney characters.

Date night rolled around and it turned out we were feeling pretty lazy. So we picked the Disney puzzle with only 150 pieces and worked on it for a little while before taking it into the living room to finish while watching "The Big Bang Theory" (my husband laughs at the nerdiness). I agree with Tiffany who had mentioned that putting together a puzzle isn't so conducive to deep discussion, but there was a great sense of companionship as we worked toward a common goal.

2 comments:

Maria@ChicaBellaCrafts said...

My mother had knee replacement surgery about a year ago. To cheer her up I bought her a small puzzle with pretty spring flowers. I think it was 150 pieces too. She loved it so much that now she's a puzzle person. All she wants to do is put puzzles together for fun. She made a very large puzzle and placed it on her dining room table. She had a large glass custom made to fit on top of the table. It looks very pretty.

Anonymous said...

isn't it fun to work together, even without much talking. my husband watches the Big Bang Theory too. thanks for sharing and see you next week!
tiffany {Simply Modern Mom}