Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Quick and Easy Meatball Soup

I picked up a new cookbook for a steal at Barnes and Noble yesterday; Simple 1-2-3; Cooking for Kids. Today for lunch I tried the recipe for Quick and Easy Meatball Soup. And it really was quick and easy and you can add whatever you want so you like it. Here is the original recipe:

1 pkg (15-18 oz) frozen meatballs without sauce, thawed
2 cans (14 oz each) Italian-style stewed tomatoes with juice
2 cans (14 oz each) beef broth
1 can (14 oz) mixed vegetables
1/2 cup uncooked rotini or small macaroni
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves

Combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 15 minutes or until pasta is tender.

I changed it a little to fit what I had.

Some meatballs from the big bag from Costco
1 can tomatoes with juice
2 cans beef broth
1 1/2 -2 cups water (it needed a little more liquid and it still tasted fine with the water added)
half a bag of frozen veggies
half a can of corn with juice
2 1/2 cups uncooked noodles
some oregano
1 bay leaf

Combined it all and let it simmer. Added salt and pepper and Parmesan cheese when served. So yummy! For Davis, I just drained out most the juice and put the rest on his highchair tray.

1 comment:

Brittany said...

Yum, it looks so simple. I will have to give it a try. Thanks. Let me know of any other successes.