Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Long Weekend

Two weeks after coming back from Christmas vacation, the kids had four days off because of the end of term and then Martin Luther King, Jr Day.  We had to stay in town because of work and basketball and church, so we did some art and then went to The Rush.  Usually I don't love taking the kids there because they all go different directions and tell me they are bored and just want to do the arcade, which is not included in the pass. 

But this time, it was like all the stars aligned and we all had a great time.  Davis had a friend come along, Koda, and they were able to do their own thing, with Noah tagging along most the time.  I stayed with Eva and she jumped and swung and climbed and drove.  I was most impressed watching her trying the climbing wall.  I think she tried at least 25 times.  She would fall and get back up and try again.  Noah also climbed, and at one point, I heard him yelp behind me and turned to see him falling head first.  Good thing we had the attendant tighten his harness before he started climbing.  He was a little shaken up, but he also got up and climbed again.



No comments: