Monday, October 27, 2014

Dream Trip to Seattle - With No Kids!

First, I would like to thank my parents for making this post possible.  Because this post is about our trip to Seattle.  And by "our" I mean just Darren and I.  No kids.  And it was heaven.  The kids stayed home with Grandma and Grandpa and they all had a blast.

We flew out on a Saturday and came home on a Tuesday.  Our first day we explored Pike Place Market and Post Alley where we found the gum wall, which is one of the most disgusting places I have every visited.  It is exactly what it sounds like - a wall covered in gum.  Luckily we had dinner before we got there.  We ate at the Crab Pot, right on the water.  They dumped a bowl of seafood and corn on the cob in front of us and we just dug in, with butter dripping down our arms.




The next day was a tasting tour through Pike Place Market, and a ferry ride out to Bainbridge island.  I think the ferry ride and Bainbridge Island was one of my favorite parts of the trip.  We had divine ice cream at Mora's and I could have spent hours in the Eagle Harbor Book Company store there.














Monday was a trip to the EMP Museum, which had displays about Horror Movies, Science Fiction, and Fantasy.  There was also a large section on Music.  And a birthday steak dinner for Darren at Sullivan's Steak House.  The. best. steak. ever.






And on our last day, we took a shuttle tour of the surrounding areas, including Snowqualmie Falls, the Freemont Troll, and Kerry Park.  And on the plane we got a great view of Mt. Rainier.  











2 comments:

Sarah Reed said...

My husband is from Seattle, we go back every once in a while but these pictures make me a little homesick for it! Looks like you guys had a blast!

Anonymous said...

You look so happy on your trip. I'm so glad you were able to go and we enjoyed being with your children while you were gone!

Mom