Sunday, April 24, 2011

Chocolate Vitamins for Easter

Because we have a new little baby in our home (more about that later . . . just too much to process right now) we didn't get to any of the big Easter Egg Hunts. That, and my sweet little boy is just not very aggressive and I'm afraid he would get run over and it would be a traumatic experience.

Anyway, my mom held a private Easter egg hunt in our back yard just for Davis. And it was the cutest, funniest thing I have ever seen. Some eggs were empty and some had candy. The first one he found with jelly beans in it, he spit the jelly beans out and said he didn't like them. The second one he found with jelly beans in it, he spit them out. The third one . . . yep, still didn't like them. The ones with chocolate were a different story. When he opened the first egg with a Hershey's kiss in it, he unwrapped it, then exclaimed, "My vitamin!" I don't know where that came from because he still takes his vitamins in liquid form. When he found a small Reece's peanut butter cup, he unwrapped it and called it his "chocolate cupcake." Unfortunately, he didn't realize there was a second layer of paper (the cup part) and took a big bite of it before I could get the paper off. It didn't decrease the deliciousness of it, though.

It was so great to watch such pure joy in such a simple thing. He loved finding all the eggs, even the empty ones. His joy was in the journey, the searching, the discovery. Not the size of the prize at the end. Not to say the candy didn't make it better, though.

Happy Easter and I hope we all get enough chocolate "vitamins"!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Congrats on the new little guy! I always wonder when I pass your house if your family has grown yet or not. Now I know. I can't wait to see pictures when your feeling up to it. let me know if you need anything.