Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Best BLT Ever!

Last night we made the best BLT's ever! But we did add extra stuff that seemed to pacify him.

I have to admit that I am a food show junkie. And on an episode of Simply Ming, he made a simple BLT, but put cilantro lime mayo on it. I thought, "I can do that," and it turns out I was right. Just to avoid confusion, a BLT is a sandwich with bacon, lettuce, and tomato. Darren was pretty disappointed to learn it contained no beef patty. But he seemed ok with the end result after we fixed it up a bit.

For the special mayo, chop up a good amount of cilantro, add it to some mayo, and squeeze in some fresh lime juice. Slather it on (I know that sounds gross, the the cilantro and lime juice really lighten up the mayo) some yummy bread (we used sourdough) and then put on the bacon, sliced tomato, and lettuce. To make ours even better, we sliced zucchini and yellow squash, put on olive oil, salt, pepper, and lemon pepper, grilled them and then put them in the sandwiches.

Oh, man! It was the best sandwich I have ever tasted! Do you think this means I am ready for my own cooking show?

1 comment:

Darren said...

I can attest to how good they were!